Stride for Sight 5K is a unique event for all ages and abilities, with blind and sighted runners competing together. The event will help fund the comprehensive programs at the Foundation for Blind Children. This event will feature a timed 5k and a relaxed 1-mile walk held in Phoenix, with a unique twist known as “The Blindfold Challenge” where you can compete blindfolded with a team member of your choosing as a sighted guide.
Blindfold Challenge: For those looking for adventure, the Blindfold Challenge is an opportunity to compete in the 5k run blindfolded with a sighted guide. Running blindfolded takes competition to a whole new level and is sure to be a life changing experience! Create a 2-person team and compete blindfolded using one another as a sighted guide. Run the entire route blindfolded or run it as the sighted guide, or trade roles halfway through to get a taste of the challenges for each position. Each Teammate must register separately. Blindfolds and tethers will be provided.
What You Get!
- Custom Event Finisher's Medal for all participants
- Custom Event Dri-Fit Tech T-Shirt for all participants
- Age Group Awards for Top Three in all Age Groups in the 5K distance only (Race Day Participants only). Our age groups are the following:
- 10 & Under, 11-14, 15-19, 20-29, 30-39, 40-49, 50-59, 60-69, 70 & Over
- Pre- and Post-Race "Runner's Brunch" (bagels, fruit, water, Gatorade, etc)
- Chip Timed with Real Time Results and Photos on our Website or Mobile App (on Apple andGoogle)
- Course set/marked by StartLine Racing to maximize your experience!
Race Day Information
We welcome wheelchairs, strollers & wagons.
No roller blades, skateboards or motorized devices are allowed on the run or walk courses.
Race day registration will be available beginning at 8:00am at Arizona Falls.
- Race day fees will be $35
- Race Day Parking will be located at:
- Arcadia Park - 3402 N. 56th St, Phoenix AZ 85018 (map)
- Ingleside Middle School - 5402 E. Osborn Road, Phoenix AZ 85018 (map)
- Arcadia High School - 4703 E Indian School Road, Phoenix, AZ 85018 (map) There will be a shuttle available at this location only to take people to Arizona Falls.
- THERE WILL BE NO PARKING AVAILABLE AT PRINCE OF PEACE CHURCH
March 23 4:00 PM - Packet Pick-Up at iRun
March 24 8:00 AM - Race Day Packet Pick-up and Registration Opens
March 24 9:00 AM - 5K Begins
March 24 9:10 AM - 1 Mile Begins
March 24 10:00 AM - Award Ceremony Begins (approx)